Monday, August 23, 2010

It Feels Good to Be Wrong

I woke up this morning with a desperate need to 'do something'. But what?? And so, much like every other day... I began googling. About 20 minutes into my search for something to do, I realized how lame it was that I was searching all over the internet for the answer. My God Lauren... Get off the computer!! Go Outside!!

Well, its a good 105 degrees out today so I packed some food and 2 liters of water. I even put on sunscreen, and I never put on sunscreen... a bad habit, I know, but Im just plain sexy with my arizona tan, and I do it well, what can I say. I felt pretty bad leaving the house actually, as I knew the dogs had not been exercised and I always, ALWAYS put them before me, but today I just let it go. I needed an adventure.

So I did something that most people wouldn't think anything of. Something that, to me, was life changing, but to others, just another day. See, Ive somehow convinced myself, without a shadow of a doubt, that I absolutely positively can NOT hike. There are many reasons behind this, my list of reasons could very well outweigh any common sense (believe me Ive been working on it for years).

Here I am driving, just letting my karma take me where it will, and I end up at the foot of a mountain. I was suddenly stricken with the idea that perhaps my belief that I could not hike, was simply that... a belief.

With 2 front pockets and 2 back pockets I had room for a grand total of 4 things. My keys, my inhaler, an Odwalla bar, and my phone. I grabbed my 2 liters of water and I started up the path.

Well, an hour later, I made it to the top. It was hot, muggy, and brutal, but I made it. I sat for a while in my meditation position as I closed my eyes and soaked in the sun. What have I done?!! Ive proved myself wrong!! HA!

Thats when I got this idea on the way back down, the idea that maybe I could continue to prove myself wrong in other areas of my life, because being wrong today felt amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Music.
The Moment.
You Own it.
Dont Ever Let it Go.